In Football Manager, you probably know how important it is to nurture young, promising players.
The process of developing a player is not always straightforward.
You will find six tips in this article on how to develop your wonderkids into superstars or world-class athletes.
Although these tips can improve your player development, it’s important to realize that each player’s journey is unique because of hidden attributes and Late Bloomers in FM24.
Table of Contents
Invest in Top-Notch Facilities
One of the most critical factors in developing young players on FM 24 is the quality of your club’s training facilities.
While you might think that youth facilities play a significant role in player development, they primarily benefit new-gen players before their youth intake.
This training facility is where every player you see in the game undergoes training.
So, to ensure your players receive the best development, upgrade and provide them with top-notch facilities.
Just like an aspiring athlete training on well-maintained pitches, improved facilities can help your players reach their potential more effectively.
To check and enhance your club’s facilities:
- With the TCS skin, the training facility rating is visible. Without it, just go to Club Info and then Facilities.
- To improve facilities, visit Club Vision and make board requests. Note that they may not always be accepted, but persistence can pay off in the long run.
Hire Competent Coaches
The coaches that are responsible for training your youth players are equally vital for their development.
While your first-team staff might be of high quality, the same cannot always be said for your under-18s, under-20s, or under-21s.
How To Hire Coaches for FM 24 Wonderkids
So, ensure your youth teams have capable coaches that help them train better. You can do this by:
- Go to your Development Center.
- Access the Staff section, where you can see staff members for your youth teams.
- If necessary, place advertisements for staff members or utilize the staff search feature to find suitable candidates.
- Analyze the areas where your coaching staff is lacking and aim to improve in those areas.
FM24 has a unique feature that can significantly impact player development.
We call them player loans.
Loans are useful aspect managers can use to nurture young talents, primarily between the ages of 18 and 21.
During the period these young players go on loan, they get the opportunity to play and gain experience.
Factors to Consider When Trying To Loan FM 24 Wonderkids
But there are several factors to consider when it comes to loaning young and potential players in FM 24:
- Always loan out players who have a clear pathway to your first team but are not yet ready to be part of it.
- Assign realistic targets for loaned players to motivate them to perform well at their temporary clubs.
- Ensure players with low adaptability do not move to clubs in other nations, as it may slow their adaptation and development.
- Plan and track player pathways within your squad to maximize their chances of breaking into the first team.
Tailor Training to Individual Players
When it comes to training your young talents, customization is key and useful in FM.
To maximize their potential, you can create specific training plans for individual young players.
This tailored approach can make a significant difference in their growth or development.
How You Can Do Personalized Training for FM 24 Wonderkids in Your Team
- Go to the Development section and hover over Training.
- Select the player you want to develop and choose a specific role for them, enhancing their development in the relevant attributes.
- Focus on their weaknesses and under-highlighted attributes by using the additional Focus feature.
- Avoid overtraining or overexerting young players by maintaining a normal training intensity.
Influence Mental Attributes Through Mentoring
Mentoring is a powerful tool that shapes FM 24 young players’ mental attributes.
Mentoring in FM 24 influences players’ determination and player traits.
You always have the liberty to select and mentor players in your team e.g. FM 24 influential players or young talents.
You need to ensure that your mentor players have higher determination and valuable player traits. This process can enhance your prospects’ development significantly.
To set up mentoring groups and guide your young talents:
- Access the Mentoring section and create mentoring groups.
- Handpick mentors with favorable personalities and attributes.
- Monitor your mentored players’ determination and personality development over time.
By maintaining a positive influence on your young talents, you can help them grow into better players with a strong mental foundation.
Monitor and Foster Player Relationships
You should cultivate relationships with your players, both young and experienced.
From time to time, assess their performance, training, and even their game time in matches.
From time to time, you should also offer praise when your players excel or perform well in matches.
You can even give constructive criticism when they underperform in a match, such as when a striker gets a 5 rating.
All of these factors will keep your players motivated, and encourage them to strive for continuous improvement in the game, thus increasing their chances of success.